Old & New - St Paul Police West District Office

There's a tiny museum in the St Paul Police West District Office at 389 Hamline Avenue North across the way from Target. The office was closed last night, but I was able to sketch the old motorcycle through the window.

I returned today to sketch the old stuff and sketch the new stuff the St. Paul Police were showing as part of their first annual East African Fair. I had fun sketching the big armored vehicle, a police dog and a kid trying on a bomb resistant suit.

After the fair, I sketched the "Black Maria" paddy wagon and the 1894 bike cops.

Click on the sketches to make them bigger:

Old police motorcycle - Ken Avidor

St. Paul Police Community Fair - Ken Avidor

Bike Cops in 1894 - Ken Avidor


Comments

  1. Ken, these are all great. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken I was hoping to discuss a project in regrads to designing a challenge coin? vikings1mike@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment