Firefighters' Hall and Museum (whatever part we are up to—from Roz)

Left: 7 inch square book turned on its side so I could work vertically. Nideggen paper. Staedtler Pigment Liner and gouache. (With a foil sticker added to the page.) Click on the image to view an enlargement.

On Sunday, April 7th I was able to meet up with the sketchers at the Firefighters' Hall and Museum. I arrived an hour late but I knew from a previous visit that I really wanted to sketch this hydrant. (Until seeing this display I'd never really understood how the valve on these things worked, well below the freezing line underground. It's pretty fun to see things like this.)

I spent so much time on this sketch I only had 35 minutes to spend on my final sketch (which you can see over at my blog).

After the meeting we invaded their banquet space and everyone put his or her journals on a very long table, so that we could all crowd around and view what we'd accomplished. It's always great fun to see the things that catch each person's eye, and to see how they render it. If you haven't been on one of these outings I hope you'll think about it in the future.

Comments