Sketching the Twin Cities Jazz Festival

Roberta and I love sketching musicians and we love sketching our neighborhood here in Lowertown. So, it was doubly awesome to be able to sketch the Twin Cities Jazz Festival this weekend. We only had to tote our folding chairs and sketching gear a few blocks to sketch at the AARP Stage in Mears Park and the Jefferson Lines stage on 6th Street. Yesterday, we only had to step out our front door to catch some fine jazz played by very talented, local school kids.

Later that afternoon we sketched the Dr. John concert at the Blue Cross Blue Shield MN Stage at the spankin' new CHS Field. It was awesome to get right up close to the stage to listen to and sketch the legendary Mac Rebennack. We also enjoyed sketching the opening act, the amazing Jack Brass Band. You can learn more about the bands and musicians we sketched at the TC Jazz Fest website.

Click on the sketches to make them bigger:

Roberta's drawing of Pippi Ardennia
My sketch of the Laura Caviani Trio.
My sketch of Pippi Ardennia (and a photog).
Roberta' quick sketch of Othello Molineaux.
Roberta's sketch of the Araya Orta Latin Jazz Quartet.
My sketch of the band called"No Room for Squares",
My sketch of "Laranja".
Another sketch I did of "No Room for Squares".
Roberta's sketch of "No Room for "Squares".
My sketch of the Dakota Foundation for Jazz Education's "Joe's  Camp" (and proud parents).
The awesome Jack Brass Band.
Roberta's sketch of the Jack Brass BAnd.
Roberta's sketch of Dr. John.
Another awesome sketch of Dr. John by Roberta.
My sketch of Dr. John.
Another sketch I did of Dr. John.
Roberta's sketch of a member of "Breaking Brass", a McNally Smith College of Music student ensemble. 

Comments

Post a Comment