Snow Piles

Snow piles near Macalester. Sketch in a 6.5 x 9.5 journal with Magnani Annigoni
Designo paper. Faber-Castell Pitt Artist's Calligraphy Pen and gouache.  Page

tab left because I remove pages when I start a new journal (to allow room for
collage material). (Text should read "Book House.") Click on the image to view an enlargement.
I stopped after running some errands today, to sketch this large snow pile near Wet Paint. It was 31 degrees so even with the car off while I was drawing I was quite warm—until the end when my toes got a little cold.

I love the way the snow is all dirty and clean at the same time right now, but I'm so very ready for the big melt to begin. I want to be out on my bike!

Comments

  1. Looks spikey, like it's full of chunks plowed up, or that it melted and froze and melted the past few days. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it melted and froze, and melted and froze. I loved the grungi-ness of it. I would have kept going but the light went behind a building.
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment