Sketching at the Bell Museum

Taxidermy sketches, and a group of kids at the Bell Museum.
6.5 x 9 inch journal made with Magnani Annigoni Designo paper.
Click on the image to view an enlargement.
What do bears eat? Well if you read the above journal page from last week's trip to the Bell Museum of Natural History, you'll know. The kids on the school trip were loud (boisterous!) but delightful. Liz Carlson of MetroSketchers zipped by my place to pick me up for a morning sketch out. After weeks of bronchitis I was more than stir crazy.

Liz earlier had spotted an "extra" copy of Lansdowne's Birds of the Eastern Forest Vol. 1 at the Book House in Dinkytown. She spirited me over there so I could buy it. (Great book that shows a lot of his sketchbook drawings as well as the paintings.)

So it was a pretty fab day as you can imagine.

Liz Carlson is going to be sketching and presenting at the Bell Museum's Sketch Night on Thursday, March 7, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Go and check it out. Sketch Night is free with admission to the Museum. You can read more about Sketch Night on my blog. I have a link to a map there too.

Comments

  1. Glad you got out! And oh, I love Landsdowne, so glad you got that--go Liz!

    The sketch night sounds great...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment